Janis Joplin Rock and Blues Legend
1. Cabbage contains 91 percent of water inside it.
2. In Arabic, fingers are called as banana.
3. Ginkgo biloba or Ginkgo is amongst the first living tree species on earth.
4. A bunch of bananas is known as hand and it contains ten to twenty bananas which are called as fingers.
5. There are more than 300,000 recognized species of plant in the world and this list is rising constantly.
6. Oak trees have more odds of being hit by the lightning as compared to any other type of tree.
A popular Brighton based band made up of 3 musicians called ‘You Cry Wolf‘ have recently released their new album ‘A Fresh Start (for Peter Russo)’.
Here is a trailer for their upcoming album:
To book tickets to see them live visit: http://boxoffice.brightonfringe.org/music/9323/a-fresh-start-for-peter-russo#DatesAndTickets
1. The naming of tropical storms and hurricanes officially begun in the year 1953.
2. Every second, around eighteen hundred thunderstorms occur on this planet on average with hundred lightning strikes every second!
3. A water molecule stays inside the earth’s atmosphere for ten to twelve days on average.
4. The maximum speed at which a falling raindrop could strike you is 18 miles per hour!
5. A Rainbow is nothing but a light which gets refracted thru millions of water droplets.
1. The original color of carrots was purple.
2. The baobab tree in Africa is able to store 1,000 liters – 120,000 liters of water inside its trunk.
3. Oak trees create acorns only after they’re 50 years old or more!
4. Inside a coffee plant, caffeine acts like a pesticide.
5. The Great Barrier Reef which is more than 2000 km long is the biggest living structure in the world.
6. Wrigely’s gum was the first item to have a barcode.
7. Avocados contain the greatest amount of calories than any other fruit nearly 167 Cal per 100 grams.
Nowadays, a healthy drink has become an important part of any regular diet. It gives the human body additional efforts for working capabilities. There are many kinds of health drinks available like tea, coffee, milk etc. Coffee is one health drink, among all of these, that lies in the top category levels. Certain facts obviously point out to such a fact. Coffee is prepared at a rate of 12000 cups every second in the world.
Coffee is certainly more effective when it is prepared well by using appropriate techniques. There are many kitchen appliances and other accessories available in the market to do this job. French press coffee maker or a coffee press is one among them. It is a special tool used to prepare this tasty beverage and is very easy to operate and clean up. That is why it can be easily accommodated in your kitchens at home. The coffee prepared by French press coffee maker does not lose any of its natural taste and strength. This particular characteristic separates this device from other coffee makers.
Exceptional features and prosperity
Some extraordinary benefits of this coffee making machine are discussed below:
• Nearly 51% of coffee drinkers like to drink this beverage at home, which requires time to brew. In this respect, a French press coffee maker saves a huge time.
• The temperature of water is very important at the time of preparing coffee. If the water is not heated correctly, then good coffee can never be prepared. This critical problem is solved by the French press coffee makers, as it allows users to control the temperature of water that’s heated separately.
• Many coffee machines have different filters in the brewing chamber, which can have some negative effects on coffee. These filters consume the natural essential oils that are released from the coffee beans during the brewing process. A French press coffee machine does not contain any filters.
• The brewing method using a French Press is much easier than other machines.
• The French Press allows the flavors and important oil of the coffee to mix with the water fully.
• After preparing tasty coffee, the method to clean up is very easy.
Best French press coffee machines
These are some best French press coffee makers.
• Bodum Chambord – This is one of the most popular designs in the world of coffee making. It boasts of the following features:
• Can prepare 8 cups of coffee at a time.
• Stainless-steel press technology.
• Grosche Rome – This is a new product in the French Press market. This is well designed with a snug fitting plunger in a sturdy metal frame. Some parts of it are made of tough plastic. The use of plastic keeps the coffee hot for long time.
• Frieling Stainless steel Insulated French Press – This kind of French Press coffee maker is appropriate for those users who have the tendency to break the glass appliances frequently. It is also the best way to keep the coffee cool in hot summer.
• Bodum Columbia – This is a fashionable version of a thermal press. It can keep coffee hot for up to two hours.
1. The locations of eyes in a donkey is such that it allows it to see all its 4 legs all times.
2. Any product that is created from caffeine can be harmful for dogs.
3. A female koala has 2 vaginas.
4. The body of every elephant is covered with hair.
5. An oyster can transform its gender depending upon which ones suits it the best.
6. Only fireflies are able to give off the light without creating heat.
7. When one half of a dolphin’s brain sleeps, the other half allows it to come to the water surface to breath or else it will drown.
1. One cubic mile of normal fog consist of not more than 1 gallon of water!
2. Snowflakes which are falling at a speed of two to four miles per hour may take up to 60 minutes before reaching the ground!
3. On average, 1200 tornadoes hit the United States each single year which is more than any other country.
4. The air present near a lightning bolt gets heated to nearly thirty thousand degree Celsius which is five times hotter as opposed to the sun’s surface.
5. One average, a tornado funnel is around 100 – 200 yards wide, but its width can reach up to one mile!
1. 85 percent of plant life exists inside the ocean.
2. Banana has a natural element that can make you feel happy.
3. 50 percent of the global oxygen supply is produced by the rainforests in Amazon.
4. Apple contains 25 percent air, hence it is able to float on the water.
5. Peaches, apricots, apples, strawberries, and quinces come from a rose family.
6. Potatoes, onions and apples taste the same, just eat them with your nose closed in order to test them.
7. The tears while cutting the onion result due to the sulfuric acid contained inside the onion!
1. The only fruit bearing its seeds outside is strawberry. On average, strawberry contains two hundred seeds.
2. It is good to leave the skin on potatoes when you are cooking because it contains all the vitamins.
3. Human beings use nearly 2000 plants of different size, shape and type to prepare their food.
4. Small air pockets present in the cranberries allow them to float & bounce on water.
5. Even though sunflower appears to be a single large flower, the fact is its every head contains hundreds of little flowers which are known as florets.
Last week BMW announced their new BMW 1 Series, it’s a stunning looking car.
The designers at BMW have truly pulled the cat out of the bag on this one.
Vehicle Contract hire companies are desperately trying to pre-order the popular vehicle to offer their cheap leasing rates!
Southern Van Hire and First Vehicle Leasing are going to be one of the first companies in Southampton to get hold of the vehicles.
1. A skunk will never throw its scent and bit all at once.
2. A whale fisherman kills one hundred whales each single day.
3. If you take out an eye of a snail, it’ll develop another one.
4. A goldfish is most commonly known as jaws.
5. A cow poops sixteen times every day on average!
6. The stone fish is known to be the most poisonous fish on earth.
7. Killer whales are actually a species of dolphins.
8. In dogs, sweat glands are present in the middle of their paws.
9. Around 70 percent of human DNA matches with a slug.
1. A woodpecker pecks twenty times every second.
2. Fleas jumps up-to two hundred times its height which equals to a person jumping till the height of the Empire State Building in the New York City.
3. Majority of the elephants weigh not more than a blue whale’s tongue.
4. There are 248 muscle tissues inside the head of a garden caterpillar.
5. The fat contents in the milk of a reindeer is more than that of a cow.
6. Sheep and goats breed only in a particular season.
7. An adult elephant is able to smell water present three miles away.
1. At almost 865,000 miles (1,392,000 km) wide, the diameter of the Sun is nearly 110 times wider as compared to the Earth.
2. Hydrogen occupies nearly 74 percent of the entire mass of the 3. Sun. While 24 percent of the mass consists of helium and heavier substances like oxygen, iron, neon and carbon make up the remainder of its mass.
4. It takes almost eight minutes for the sun light to reach the earth.
5. The core temperature of the Sun is almost 13600000 degrees Celsius!
6. The surface temperature of the Sun is nearly 9941 degrees Fahrenheit (5500 degrees Celsius).
1. Sun is located right at the center of our Solar System.
2. The star creates huge percentage of energy by uniting the nuclei of hydrogen in helium. It is known as nuclear fusion.
3. Due to the huge impact created by the Sun on the Earth, most early cultures considered the star as a god. Ancient Egyptians, for instance praised a sun god “Ra” whereas in the Aztec mythology you will find a sun god called as Tonatiuh.
4. Due to its powerful magnetic field, Earth is able to deflect majority of the charged particles coming from the Sun.
5. When the Moon comes in between the Earth and the Sun, we call it as the Solar Eclipse.
1. A baby water deer found in China is so small that it could be held inside the palm of your hand.
2. The chow is the lone dog who does not have a pink tongue.
3. Creatures like turtles, alligators, crocodiles, dolphins, water snakes, whales could drown if they stay underwater for a long time.
4. Chinese farmers own almost 50 percent of the entire pig population worldwide.
5. There is no gall bladder present in a deer.
6. On average, there are around 50k spiders in every acre in the green regions.
1. Grapes can explode if you place them in a microwave oven!
2. At first, tomatoes were considered poisonous!
3. Heineken beer is intended to foam for five minutes exactly.
4. Ice cream came from China.
5. Inside two hours of staying inside the direct sunlight, milk tends to lose more than 50 percent of its vitamin B amount!
6. Dark chocolate can minimize your odds of suffering from heart illnesses!
7. Goat’s milk is more popular as compared to cow’s milk!
8. Beer is the oldest of all recipes known to us.
1. A goldfish will become pale if kept inside a dark room.
2. On average, every fox weighs around fourteen pounds.
3. The weight of a single elephant tooth could be around nine pounds.
4. During the period of Second World War, the US military tried training bats for bombing their enemy countries.
5. A grey wolf is scientifically called as Canis lupus lupus.
6. Animals created thirty times more leftovers as compared to human beings. This is close to 1.4 billion tons each single year.
7. Ants do not have lungs.
8. Each cow creates 400 liter bottles of harmful methane gas every day.
1. Arsenic contained inside pear & apple seeds could result in the death of a dog.
2. In each cow, there are 4 stomachs.
3. An anteater which is almost six feet long has mouth which is only one inch wide.
4. The weight of a blue whale is equal to the weight of 30 adult elephants.
5. You could produce a ton of milk within a day if you have a herd of 60 cows.
6. You will be able to detect a skunk’s smell even if you’re a mile away from it.
7. Cats have been with human beings for only seven thousand years.
1. A black panther actually is none other than a black leopard.
2. Honey bees have been on earth for nearly thirty million years.
3. An afghan hound is known to be the dumbest of all dogs on earth.
4. Each ear of a cat contains thirty two muscles.
5. In Latin, a moose is known as alces alces.
6. Animals like Iguanas, komodo dragons and koalas all have 2 penises!
7. The ancestors of kangaroos used to live on the trees. At present there are 18 species of tree kangaroos.
8. Scientists were successfully able to conduct a brain surgery operation on cockroaches.
1. In Alaska whispering in somebody’s ear when they are hunting for moose is considered illegal.
2. In mammals, only bat can fly.
3. The bones in the legs of the bats are so thin that they can’t walk.
4. The only animals who’re eaten before their birth & after their death are fish and chicken.
5. A tarantula species of spiders could survive for over 2 years without eating.
6. Although, a cow can sleep while standing, it could only dream lying down.
7. There are 1 million ants for each person on earth.
1. Each square inch of your body is a home to 32 million microbes on average.
2. There are more microorganisms inside the mouth of every person than the combine human population of Canada & the US.
3. The weight of an average human head is around ten pounds.
4. Human eyeballs contain 3.5% of salt.
5. Every persons sheds around 600,000 skin particles each hour. This is around1.5 lbs. per year. Till the age of 70 years, a normal person loses 105 lbs. of his skin.
6. You lose more calories when you are asleep than you lose while watching TV.