Sun Facts for Kids
1. At almost 865,000 miles (1,392,000 km) wide, the diameter of the Sun is nearly 110 times wider as compared to the Earth.
2. Hydrogen occupies nearly 74 percent of the entire mass of the 3. Sun. While 24 percent of the mass consists of helium and heavier substances like oxygen, iron, neon and carbon make up the remainder of its mass.
4. It takes almost eight minutes for the sun light to reach the earth.
5. The core temperature of the Sun is almost 13600000 degrees Celsius!
6. The surface temperature of the Sun is nearly 9941 degrees Fahrenheit (5500 degrees Celsius).